Literary scat for the mind, including thoughts and insight on the world of TV, Movies, Video Games, Books, and other fun distractions in a consumer world.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Back from Mormon Mountain


Just returned back from Utah last night...mentally preparing myself to the grind of the office tomorrow after avoiding being 'wired-in' for a full week- although I unfortunately did have access to the Internet and used it for a few minutes on Wednesday to get my NCAA bracket in...not that I have any idea who has won or lost since the tournament started. I'm not even sure if there's money to be won in the pool that I signed up last minute- which brings me to question: 'What's the friggin' point'?

No injuries to report other than a bruised left knee from plowing into an ice boulder on the back Bowl at Snowbird on Thursday. I was glad to see that my bindings worked properly, releasing my skis upon impact, as they should when they are propelled at high speeds into an object of significant mass, thus allowing me to be hurled through the air with minimal wind resistance to ensure maximum distance from the impact point.

It appears that I missed only two big news items this past week that caught my eye this morning:

1) PS3 is now launching in November as opposed to Spring- Who didn't see that coming.
Prepare to be trampled over for this on Black Friday '06.






2) Jaromir Jagr hit the 100 point mark this season just last night as the NY Rangers dominated the Toronto Maple Leafs, 5-2.

With this milestone, he passes Rod Gilbert's record of most points in a season by a right winger, and becomes the 6th Ranger in franchise history to reach 100 points in a season- the last time that happened was when Mark Messier and Brian Leetch did it in '91-'92. It's been a long time coming that New York Ranger fans had something to cheer about this shit-box team. After 7+ years, it looks like this could be the season that spells the end of an era of pure garbage. The season ain't over yet, but with only 15 games left, and still leading the Atlantic conference over the Philadelphia Flyers, it's hard to imagine that the Rangers won't not make the playoffs this year. It's about friggin' time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home