Literary scat for the mind, including thoughts and insight on the world of TV, Movies, Video Games, Books, and other fun distractions in a consumer world.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The 78th Oscars May Be Over...



But the Brokeback spoofs keep a comin'! You'd think this joke would get tired already (some of you may already think so), but personally, I can't get enough of them. Why? Not really sure. I think I simply enjoy ambiguiously gay humor...don't we all? But what I think I appreciate even more in these instances is the ingenuity involved behind these spoofs. There are some really creative mofos out there...with lots of time. This iteration uses more scene references than previous mashups, with inspiration drawn from the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoon series. So those of you who've seen Brokeback will get more here than those who haven't.

I predict in the not too distant future an annual awards show is created to celebrate the best of these mashups and machinima. Regarding the latter, below is one of my personal favorites other than the Red vs Blue series. Using the Half Life 2 engine, someone recreated the courtroom finale scene from A Few Good Men...aptly titled A Few Good G-Men (the pun is obvious to those who get it).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home