Literary scat for the mind, including thoughts and insight on the world of TV, Movies, Video Games, Books, and other fun distractions in a consumer world.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Dumb Executives Among Us

I work for a media company. Recently, the head of programming, facing stiff competition, and knowing nothing about the Internet, just hired a VP whose job it is surf the web to find out what people are talking about. Not an intern or a college grad, but a friggin VP! The kicker is, she doesn't have any online experience and self admittedly 'isn't a web savvy person'! Is it just the companies I work for or does everyone have executive level dolts steering the ship?

When I first heard about the position, I joked to one of my colleagues that at our next meeting, she's going to update everyone with something like "Do you want to know what's really hot on the web right now? pets, especially sleepy kittens...so hot."

Sure enough, in the following week's meeting, when it was her turn to provide an update, she said, and I'm only slightly paraphrasing: "What I'm seeing is that people really love their pets and love videos of kittens." I almost fell out of my chair and pissed myself! Luckily I was dialed into the conference call or I would have lost it had I attended in person. So in light of that little anecdote, I thought it would be nice to share one of my favorite pet videos on You Tube:



Cats...so hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home